OSR Human Resources Consultancy
Our senior HR consultant will provide a practical ‘best practice’ approach and focus on practical application of key HR activities.
Here are some of the areas that our HR services cover:
- Identify the principal activities of the HR function, its responsibilities, aims and objectives.
- Understand the main aspects of employment legislation and its impact on the activities of the human resources department.
- Understand the essential information and records which must be maintained by HR and how legislation impacts on this.
- Develop interpersonal communications skills in order to deal with sensitive situations appropriately
- Be able to assist in the planning and organisation of the recruitment and selection process and contribute to performance management activities ( discipline, grievance and formal appraisal systems)
- Employee rights
- Equal Opportunities and discrimination
- Discipline, grievances and dismissal procedures
- Health and Safety at Work
- Collecting and maintaining appropriate information, records and systems
- Using HR information systems effectively
- Understanding the issues of security and protection within a legal context (Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information) including employee access to records
- Presenting information appropriately
- Absence recording and controlling
- Understanding the learning cycle
- Managing learning needs
- Interacting confidently and positively with others. Using listening and questioning effectively
- Developing an assertive style and dealing with difficult people
- Giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Prioritising for success
- Exploring the key steps in the recruitment and selection process
- Planning and administering the recruitment and selection process
- Writing effective advertisements
- Processing applications and short-listing candidates
- Offers of employment and references
- The role and value of induction
- Termination of employment, notice periods and contractual rights - exit interviews
- Understanding the Performance Management Cycle
- Managing poor performance
- Handling grievances
Benefits of using OSR’s Human Resources Consultancy
Focus and consistency
- OSR will provide a consultant who is highly experienced in this field. Using an independent specialist will help you deliver consistent messages.
Access to skilled, specialised resources
- Every member of the OSR human resources consultancy is a committed and dedicated professional. All consultants are members of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development and maintain their own personal knowledge and take time to keep abreast of latest trends and changes in HR services and training.
- Our consultants are able to start providing their HR services immediately following approval from yourselves.